Monday, November 3, 2014

Biking the Pan-American Highway

I biked on the Pan-American today for the first time in over a month. I wrote a small group of words (a stretch to call it a poem) to express my thoughts!

Oh Pan-American, how you get me to where I need to go
No Left, No Right
Just Derecho, Derecho, Derecho

No sights, all sounds. No mountain tops, no sights of wonder
Just flat tires, flat carreteras, and flat thoughts

No niños that call out "Mira, mira... Gringo!"
Just Trabajos en la vía

No peace of mind
Just km, km, km

Thank you Pan-Am


1 comment :

  1. Hey Matt! Most excellent to meet you on the road while we headed to the dreaded Chimbote. We have had no luck getting parts here and can't wait to get back into the mountains. Expect to be in Huaraz around 10th Nov all going well. Would be marvellous to have an ice-cream with you of we can attach you there. Stay well amigo! Bren & Em at TotallyTandem

    ReplyDelete